Jeanette L. Dixon is the Managing Partner of the New York office of Manning Kass. She is the leader of the Insurance Coverage / Bad Faith team, and a member of the Corporate and Commercial Transactions, Employment Law, Health Care Liability, Sports, Recreation, and Attractions Law and Professional Liability teams.
Ms. Dixon was one of the founding partners of the New York office. Ms. Dixon joined the firm in 2014 with more than 14 years of experience within the areas of insurance coverage and defense. She developed an expertise in insurance coverage early in her career and is nationally regarded as one of the leading experts in insurance coverage/bad faith law. Ms. Dixon practices in the areas of Corporate and Commercial Transactions, Employment Law, Health Care Liability, Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith, and Professional Liability, and she handles commercial general liability, cyber liability, general liability, insurance regulatory, and miscellaneous professional liability matters.
On June 2, 2013, Ms. Dixon appeared as a legal analyst on Fox News Channel’s America's News Headquarters with Gregg Jarrett, wherein she participated in a live panel discussion regarding the admissibility of audio evidence against George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin murder case venued in Florida. She placed 7th in the inaugural University at Buffalo Fast 46 competition. Ms. Dixon was also an active arbitrator on behalf of the New York State Small Claims Court for numerous years.
Ms. Dixon is admitted to the State Bar of New York, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the United States Supreme Court. She was named the 2020 New York State Attorney of the Year and a Lawyer of Distinction within the area of Insurance Coverage in 2019. Ms. Dixon is an adjunct attorney member of the International Associations of Claims Professionals (IACP), a member of the Federation of Defense and Corporation Counsel (FDCC) and Claims, Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), and the Plus Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS).
Ms. Dixon received her Juris Doctor from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts in Social Science Legal Studies/English from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Nine Manning Kass Attorneys Listed In Lawyers of Color’s Law Firm Leader’s Issue
- New York Partner Jeanette L. Dixon Ranks 7th on University of Buffalo’s Fast 46
- New York City Hosts Lunch and Learn at Ritz-Carlton Battery Park
- Manning & Kass New York City Partners Provide Pro Bono Education to Nonprofit Community Voices Heard
- New York Partners Marguerite Jonak and Jeanette Dixon Covered in New York Law Journal
- Manning & Kass Celebrates Growth, Stability in 2015
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, Juris Doctor
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Bachelor of Arts in Social Science Legal Studies and English