Louis W. Pappas is a Partner in the Los Angeles office of Manning Kass. He is a leader of the Health Care Liability and Long Term Care / Elder Abuse Defense teams, and a member of the Governmental Entity Liability, Military and Veterans Law, Professional License Defense, and Trucking and Transportation teams.
Mr. Pappas is a trial attorney with more than 30 years of experience in general litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Mr. Pappas’ team specializes in the representation of physicians, dentists, nurses, chiropractors, hospitals, surgery centers, health care institutions, county and state governmental agencies and allied health professionals and institutional provider liability; including managed care litigation, elder abuse, medical and allied health board hearings, administrative hearings and drug/medical device litigation.
Mr. Pappas has a distinguished record of successfully defending complex, high-exposure jury trials in courtrooms venued throughout the State of California. Mr. Pappas’ impressive trial experience in health care has ranged from defending the individual clinician in medical malpractice actions involving catastrophic injury, wrongful death or birth injuries, to representing major medical centers and public entities. While his statewide trial practice continues to be focused on the healthcare industry, Mr. Pappas has developed expertise in the representation and defense of clients, including several Fortune 50 companies and university and professional sports programs, in general liability litigation and trials where a significant portion of the damages involve medically related issues.
As a result of his trial work, Mr. Pappas was inducted into the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)—a prestigious honor awarded only to experienced trial lawyers of high personal character and honorable reputation.
Mr. Pappas is admitted to practice before all the United States District Courts of California, including the Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. He is a member of the State Bar of California, ABOTA (American Board of Trial Associates), the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, the DRI, and the Eighth Street Lawyers. Mr. Pappas graduated from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (BA, political science) and received his JD from Southwestern University School of Law.
- MKERT Healthcare Liability Team Wins Landmark Appeal Prohibiting Posthumous Conception without Deceased Donor's Consent
- Lou Pappas to Lead Panel on Reptile Theory
- Lou Pappas and Angela Powell Win Defense Verdict in Elder Abuse/Wrongful Death Trial
- Pasadena Magazine Names Lou Pappas Top Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Clean Sweep for Manning & Kass Governmental Entity Liability Team in March
- Defense Victory in High Exposure Jail Suicide Case
- Lou Pappas Wins Defense Verdict in Elder Abuse Trial
- Manning & Kass Celebrates 11 Year Partnership with The Harmonie Group
- Lou Pappas Makes Headlines with Confidential Agreement
- Lou Pappas Named a Top Medical Malpractice Attorney 2014
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, bachelor of Arts in political science